Contract magazine's Nightingale Awards showcase the best in excellence and innovation in healthcare product design. The annual program, sponsored by Contract magazine, The Center for Health Design, and Healthcare Design 2012, aims to promote and recognize product design that contributes to the quality of healthcare.
Submitted products must be new healthcare and contract (nonresidential) products introduced to the U.S. market since November of the previous year and must not have been entered in previous Nightingale Awards competitions. Prototypes are not eligible. Each manufacturer is limited to a total of four entries.
Entries in the 2012 competition were judged by a panel including Michelle Acosta, HDR Architecture; Donald Cremers, HOK; Cindy Flinchum,
University of Wisconsin Hospitals & Clinics; Courtney Johnson,
Perkins+Will; Janet Kobylka, Health Design Source; Marie Lukaszeski,
Interior Design Solutions; Karen Muraoka, Karen Muraoka Interior Design;
and Marjorie Sobylak, New York–Presbyterian.
The winners of the 2012 Nightingale Awards competition have been announced.
View the winning companies and products HERE.
PAST AWARDS WINNERS
2011 Nightingale Award winners (view products here):
• SleepToo by Wieland
• CuSalus Antimicrobial Copper Hardward by Colonial Bronze/CuVerro Olin Brass for
• Silca by Momentum Textiles
• Empath Recliner by Nurture by Steelcase
• The Esprit Collection Privacy Curtains for Healthcare by cf stinson
2010 Nightingale Award winners (view products here):
• Pocket™ by Nurture by Steelcase
• Dignity Collection by Spec Furniture
• Essentials Collection by Carnegie
• Suzanne Tick Marker Glass by Skyline Design
• Mondo IDEA by Mondo
• Honorable Mention*: Illuminated Safety Handle by ITC, Inc.