The International Interior Design Association (IIDA) has named Hong Kong-based 4N Architects as Best of Competition winner at the Global Excellence Awards. The firm won for the design of Le Salon Croissanterie et Restaurant (pictured below), acknowledged by the competition jury for its “fabulous play of silhouettes and lighting [that provides] the design space with an engaging and theatrical sense of mystery that’s still undeniably inviting.”
Click here to view photos of all winners.
IIDA also is seeking submissions for the 2014 Library Interior Design Awards, hosted in partnership with the American Library Association (ALA). Entries are being accepted in nine categories:
- Public Libraries (30,000 sq. ft. and under)
- Public Libraries (over 30,000 sq. ft.)
- Academic Libraries (30,000 sq. ft. and under)
- Academic Libraries (over 30,000 sq. ft.)
- Special Libraries (30,000 sq. ft. and under)
- Special Libraries (over 30,000 sq. ft.)
- Outstanding Historic Renovation Project
- Single Space (a small project that focuses on a specific room or area in a library)
- On the Boards (a project currently in the design phase and not under construction)
Submission deadline is March 28, 2014. Winning projects will be featured in Contract magazine and honored at the ALA Conference in Las Vegas in June. For information, contact design competitions manager Kierstin Snapp at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-379-5134.