Architectural League Announces Winners of 2014 Emerging Voices Program
The Architectural League of New York has named winners of its annual Emerging Voices program, recognizing eight practitioners throughout North America who demonstrate the potential to influence architecture, landscape design, and urbanism. To determine award recipients, a jury reviews bodies of realized work submitted through the invited portfolio competition. Accomplishments within the design and academic communities also are considered.
The 2014 Emerging Voices are:
- David Benjamin, The Living, New York City
- Geoff di Girolamo, James Lord, and Roderick Wyllie, Surfacedesign, Inc., San Francisco
- Basar Girit, Aleksey Lukyanov-Cherny, Wes Rozen, and Bradley Samuels, SITU Studio, Brooklyn
- Joyce Hwang, Ants of the Prairie, Buffalo, New York
- Salvador Macías Corona and Magui Peredo Arenas, Estudio Macías Peredo, Guadalajara, Mexico
- Ronald Rael and Virginia San Fratello, Rael San Fratello, Oakland, California
- Mauricio Rocha Iturbide and Gabriela Carrillo Valadez, TALLER |MauricioRocha+GabrielaCarrillo|,
- Mexico City
- Betsy Williamson, Shane Williamson, and Donald Chong, Williamson Chong Architects, Toronto
Winners will present lectures in March at the Scholastic Auditorium in Soho. The League also will present digital features on each of the eight firms on archleague.org/EV14.